Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Crock Pot Enchilada Casserole

In this house, we love Mexican food.  In fact, when I was pregnant with my son, there wasn't a salsa hot enough to satisfy me.  My co-workers joked that my baby would come out doing a hat dance. :)

I have modified this recipe to make it slightly more 'healthy'.

Enchilada Casserole

2 lbs ground turkey breast, cooked
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 chopped onion ( I buy the frozen chopped onions, no chopping needed!)
small jar mild salsa
1 can enchilada sauce
whole wheat tortillas
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Spray crock pot with non stick spray.  Cover bottom of crock pot with tortillas. (You will have to tear some to make them fit)
Alternate layers of 1/3 of each of the ground turkey, beans, corn, onions, salsa, and enchilada sauce and tortillas.  Keep alternating layers and reserve a little enchilada sauce and cheese for the top.

Cook on low 4-6 hours, or high for 2 hours.

Eat a big helping and do a hat dance.

2 comments:

  1. At first, I thought...wow, that sounds a lot like the Taco Fiesta Soup I make. But it's totally different. LOL! I may have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was soooo good. The top even got crispy! Yum!

    ReplyDelete