Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Little Planning Goes a Long Way

Okay.  I am a List Maker, so this works for me.  So just listen to me first and then decide if this is worth your time.

Plan out lunch menus like you would dinner menus, and jot down everything you need to prepare what you have planned.  Wouldn't you be more inclined to fix something really yummy and healthy for lunch if you didn't have to stand in front of the fridge waiting on inspiration?  And it will help you avoid unnecessary purchases at the store, which equals more money for fun stuff!

Get a chalk board and hang it on your kitchen wall and write down your lunch and dinner menus.  It's a visible reminder of what you have to work with and keeps you on track.  Everyone who comes over to my house is intrigued by my chalk board!  They think it's a sign that I am well organized.  It's actually a huge sign that I am NOT well organized and need to be reminded why on earth I bought water chestnuts.

These little things are such a big help for me.  I hope they help you too.

3 comments:

  1. Might I dare add a suggestion for a post? My kids learned a few years back that they should "Eat a Rainbow" to ensure that all the proper vitamins and minerals were met. Dear, sweet LunchLady, can you come up with some rainbowly delicious inspired menus?

    You should know that whenever my 11 almost 12 year old begins to think we're out to ruin her life/embarrass her to DEATH/or ask way, way, WAY too much of her that my husband and I will synchronize our steps and sing in *perfect* harmony the immortal words of the great Justin Beiber...."You know I love you! Yeah! You know I care! Yeah! You shout whenever and I'll be there!"

    You know, 'cause it's all about SUPPORT, baby. I'm not asking the impossible! Never say never. And don't tell me if those aren't actually the words. I really don't care.
    Lisa Bieber Wheeler

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gettin' Bieber-fever over here "Baby-baby-babyoooh"....

    Sorry.

    Yes! I will work up something on eating the rainbow! And it won't involve a bag of Skittles!

    Jeanette Lovesyoursuggetions D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we're going to incorporate the menu planning with handwriting and spelling for first grade princess. Thanks for encouraging me to do better!

    ReplyDelete